One of the areas that our client, Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth, specializes in is cardiac care, and they want to keep you and your ticker healthy. Nationally recognized as a progressive leader in cardiac care, Plaza is certified by The Joint Commission in both heart failure and the treatment of heart attack patients.
Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of all Americans, and it kills more women than all types of cancer combined. There are easy, everyday things that you can be doing right now to protect your heart against disease. Take note of these basic lifestyle adjustments from Plaza to change your habits and start feeling better today:
- Eat your fruits and veggies. Fruits and vegetables such as blueberries, pomegranates, broccoli and cauliflower contain important omega-3 fatty acids as well as many essential nutrients. Eat a good-sized portion to ensure
healthy blood flow.
- Drink in moderation. Having more than two drinks a day can be damaging to your heart. Even on a special occasion or the weekend, watch your alcohol intake and try not to over do it. Consuming large amounts of alcohol can raise blood pressure and put you at risk for heart disease.
- Get the recommended amount of sleep. Getting the recommended eight hours of sleep every night allows the body to recharge and rest. A full recovery from day-to-day stress is important because it keeps your blood pressure low and gives you more energy.
- Be active. Staying active is so important to your heart’s health. Even simple 15-minute daily exercises will do the trick.
- Pay attention to your teeth. Your gums are directly connected to your heart and blood stream. When you eat, bacteria accumulates on your teeth and needs to be properly cleaned. Keep your pearly whites clean and your heart in tip-top shape by brushing twice a day, flossing and using mouthwash.
If you want to get involved and show your support for cardiac care, follow in Plaza’s footsteps and participate in the American Heart Association’s Heart Walk on September 8!
For more healthy living tips, follow Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth online:
Subscribe to Posts by Email